I'm Candi! I'm a stay at home reformed Christian Mom to 4 kids and a wife to a husband of 11 years. We homeschool 3 out of our 4 children and love every minute of it.

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

You have to make this salad!

OK i wish i would have taken a pic of this salad, but i didn't have time i was too busy scarfing it down! That's a pretty picture isn't it?! Any way i found the recipe on this blog, so i can't take credit for it. Seriously people try it, it is so so good! Here's the recipe

Ingredients:
hearts of romaine ( I used iceberg, because that's what my husband brought back for me)
1 can corn ( I used frozen and put it under the broiler to roast it a little)
1 can black beans
15 grape tomatoes, halved
2-3 cooked chicken breasts, cubed or shredded ( i put my chicken in the crock pot w/ the bbq sauce and when it was done put it in the fridge to cool. I also have some picky eaters who do not eat salads so i served the chicken on buns for them and they loved it.

favorite BBQ sauce (I used famous daves sweet and sassy)
mozzarella cheese
I also added avacado

1 packet prepared Hidden Valley Ranch dressing (1 cup mayo/ 1 cup milk)
½ bunch chopped cilantro
1 clove garlic, minced
juice of 1 lime, or 2 Tbsp.

Directions:
Place lettuce in a serving bowl. Layer with corn, black beans, and tomatoes. Mix cooked chicken in BBQ sauce and top over salad. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over top.
Place ranch dressing, cilantro, lime juice and minced garlic in a blender or food processor and mix well. Drizzle over salad.

2 comments:

amanda persinger said...

sounds good and easy...going to have to try it! thanks for sharing!

Rachel said...

Sounds fantastico! I love a good salad.